Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh what a day...............

Well I wish I had something cheery to write about today but unfortunately I do not. I watched in horror as the Cowboy's lost today and that set the course for a crappy day. It really stinks that they have had such a great season and the mere fact that it ended so horribly is unsettling at best. There is always next season though.

So......this morning I woke up ready to do some cleaning before company came over for the big game and I was in the zone. I cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher. I had forgotten that I had ran out of Cascade for the dishwasher so being the genius that I thought I was, I decided to put a "few" drops about the size of a quarter of dawn dish washing liquid in the dish washing device. After doing so, I washed my hands and gazed into the empty sink in delight and a few moments later I noticed the 4 foot wide pile of suds moving across my clean kitchen floor. I immediately went into panic mode! How the hell was I going to clean all this up? And how the hell did those "few" drops of soap produce such a mass quantity of suds on my floor? I felt like a genius no more. I then felt like a complete idiot. I frantically cleaned the mess up with towels and ran the dripping rags to the laundry room before they could drip onto the white carpet. How the hell do I get myself into these situations I thought to myself. After about twenty minutes I got it all cleaned up and made a mental note to self "Never, ever under any circumstances put dish washing liquid into dish washing device". Sounds funny huh? I shall not make that mistake again. Chalk that up to lesson learned!

So then as if that wasn't a dumb enough idea, I decided to give my gynormous German Shepherd puppy a bath. It was lovely outside today so I decided to do it there instead of the large garden tub upstairs. He was not happy with this idea and the fact that he can yank me across the yard without much effort did not work in my favor. After the chore was done he was wet, and I was soaked. He smelled good and I ended up smelling like a wet dog. Pretty ironic huh? He has been pissed at me all day by the way.

Then us and our friends that came over to watch the game decided to go out to dinner. We all decided on some Mexican food at El Fenix, mmmm. We get there and wait forever to get drinks, 45 minutes to get food and when we finally leave we walk outside, tell everyone bye and as I went to put my little monkey Maddie in the car I was sent into an immediate feeling of rage. Someone had keyed the side of my Cadillac! And not just a little scratch, it went down the entire passenger side of my car. I could not believe it. I didn't hit their car, scratch it, Nada so I could not find any reason as to why some asshole would do this. Now I have to get an estimate as to how much it will cost to repair it, and pay a $500.00 deductible so Ive got that to look forward to. Pretty expensive dinner and it wasn't even that good. Well not $550.00 good at least. I am still pissed as I write this. I just wish I could have had the joy of walking out as the culprit keyed my transportation device. It would not have been pretty. At least if I could have beat the shit out of them, I would have gotten some justice.
So....yeah it was a super day to say the least. Hopefully this week is better.

Until next time..............

4 comments:

BNM said...

Omg that is horrible! People are so just flat out evil these days! Im sorry about your car.

The dishwasher story brings back memories for me! My mom done the same thing when I was younger. My mom told my dad we were out of dish washer liquid and he said "soap is soap" use a little bit of the other stuff. Soon there were suds all over the place my dad caught hell when he came home that day! I can still hear my mom now 'Soap is soap.. really you friggin idiot look at this mess' it was hilarious! I hope you have a better day today.

Pneumalithos said...

Happy New Year!
I am following you from the Follow me Club MBC. Cheers!

TheAtticGirl said...

Following you from MBC. Hope you're having a better week.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com

Mommies Time Out Today said...

I belive in thinking positive and good things wil happen. Stop by my blog I have something for you!