Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So someone has to bring it up.....

I went to bed lastnight a little upset and woke up this morning a little more freaked out. I am nervous about the shitstorm that is sure to follow Obama being elected as President of this great nation. I am sure that I will catch hell in some way regarding this post but hey its America right? That wonderful thing called freedom of speech :)I am not sure what to make of the outcome of this election. I knew it was coming but was not exactly prepared for it. I would like to think that I am a somewhat intelligent individual but I cant help but think that I am surrounded by a nation of uneducated people and I dont want to think that. Now dont get me wrong here Its not that I think that Mccain is a saint because lets face it I nor anyone for that matter would be naive to think that but what Obama has to bring to the table I want none of. The vast majority of people that voted for Obama yesterday have absolutely no clue what he stands for politically and morally. They voted for him primarily because of his race and that is sad. As a nation you would have thought that the racial issues that plagued our great country for so many years would have been a thing of the past but that is just not true. We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Obama of rare magnitude. His speeches have inspired millions apparently and yet most of his followers have no idea of what he stands for except promises of 'Change' or that he says he will be a 'Uniter'. I am by no means a racist here. One of my best friends is an almost seven foot black man and has to be about the coolest person that I know so by no means do I want this to come off as myself being a racist. Lets talk about what Obama has planned for us...

He voted for partial birth abortion.
He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform..
He voted No on repealing the alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase!!!!!!!!
Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.
He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today.
Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.

These are just a few things that we have to look forward to in the next four years and four years is a long time. I know that George W. did a real number on us the past eight years do we really need more crap coming our way? Ok, rant over :)

No comments: