Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oreo's and Tutu's



So I have recently been at home during the day, all day. Which means I have been a stay at home mom as well. Now I have said many a time that I would love to be able to stay home with my children but after being at home for a week I might just retract that statement. I love them more than life itself but my home has become a zoo. I have had my spunky two year old all day and boy is she mischievous. She is the definition of terrible two's. I am convinced at this point that she has multiple personalities. One moment she is the sweetest little thing and ten seconds later its like her little head is spinning Exorcist style. She is dramatic, moody and destructive but such an angel. It is hard to get on to a sweet little girl running around like a crazy person in a ballet tutu and bicycle helmet as she is pouring her apple juice all over anything that will sit still, true story! As I sit thinking wow, I never thought I would be sitting at home as a 28 year old cleaning up apple juice off of my furniture and holding an oreo faced angel because she played and played until she just could'nt go anymore. She terrifies me and makes me proud at the same time. She is the image of myself when I was a child and has the personality to match which could be good or bad depending on who you talk to. She is outgoing, loud, and a take charge kind of girl and I could'nt be happier. I think to myself everyday, I cant wait to see what kind of person she will grow up to be or how crazy she will be as a teenager and what wonderful things she has to offer the people that are blessed to know or come in contact with her. This is an odd post for me but I guess I am having one of those sentimental moments. Who knows. So just a gentle reminder to all of the moms reading this. Cherish every second that you have with your little oreo faced angels. Relish in the fact that they can run around in tutus, rain boots and bicycle helmets and think that they look absolutely fabulous. Encourage their individuality and let them know that it is ok to be yourself no matter how silly they look :) Until next time.....

No comments: